The avocado roll is an incredible sushi treat. Not only is it low in fat, it tastes great and has a lot of fiber. One avocado roll packs plenty of soluble and insoluble fiber as well as essential omega 3 fatty acids. One of these rice-wrapped avocado snacks will provide you with carbs, proteins, and calcium – giving you the resources for energy and fat burning. Enjoy the avocado roll with traditional sushi condiments: soy sauce, wasabi, and pickled ginger.
How to prepare avocado sushi rolls
- The first thing you have to do is to clean your rice under cold water until the water runs clear. After thorough rinsing put the rice into a pot and heat it until the water boils. After boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and let it simmer until the rice is tender.
- Mix the rice vinegar with salt and sugar. Put this mixture on the stove and turn the heat on until the mixture becomes hot – do not let it boil.
- Combine the mixture with rice and after that let it stand and cool.
Preparation of avocado rolls
- On a sheet of plastic wrap, place a single sheet of the nori and put it on the bamboo sushi mat. After that cover the whole mat with a thin layer of sushi rice and leave a thin layer of the nori strip uncovered. This will be utilized in sealing the rolls after filling it with avocado.
- In the center of the nori place avocado strips. Make sure the avocado strips run the entire length of the nori.
- Roll the nori until it resembles a tube of rice.
- Now slice of the rolls, you can make about eight pieces out of one roll.
- Serve with wasabi and ginger on the side.
Calories in the avocado roll
Avocado rolls are favored by many sushi lovers for their low fat content and nutrition benefits. People who want a tasty snack and are looking to lose weight often turn to this roll. The preparation process is simple and requires basic ingredients. So, how many calories are there in an avocado roll?
1 Roll approx. 17-25 calories
- Fat calories: 29%
- Protein calories: 7%
- Carb calories: 64%